This contest is put on by the Office of Sustainability here at the U of A
Categories for the Contest:
1. Sustainability Soundbytes
Create a short 30-60 second video that answers one or more of the following questions:
- Question 1. What does sustainability mean and why is it important to YOU?
- Question 2. How are YOU personally contributing to sustainability on campus?
- Question 3. What role do YOU feel the University should play - locally, regionally or globally - and what priorities should the University address?
2. Sustainability Shorts
Show us your stuff! Create a short 3 minute video that tells us about the positive contributions students, faculty and staff are making towards sustainability. Tell us a campus sustainability story. Tell us more about what is going on in your residence, community, club, faculty or department related to campus sustainability.
Need a Camera?
The Office of Sustainability has flip cameras available for students interested in participating in the Green Scene Video Contest that can be loaned them free of charge!
Editing software is also included
Contact Christel at ac.atreblau|akhsyh.letsirhc#ac.atreblau|akhsyh.letsirhc
All prizes will be drawn by random ballot from all entries. Prizes include:
- One IPOD
- Five draw prizes provided by Mountain Equipment Coop including cycling gloves, thermos water bottles, tea tumbler or coffee mug
- Ten U of A hoodies
Prizes will be drawn randomly from Sustainability Soundbyte submissions. Two prizes of hoodies will be drawn for each of the following campuses: Campus Saint Jean, Augustana Campus and North Campus. The IPOD and four remaining hoodies will be drawn for all campuses from all submissions.
- 1st place. Video camera provided by 8th Step PLUS airing of your video on ACCESS TV
- 2nd place. Netbook and cycling gloves provided by Mountain Equipment Coop
- 3rd place. Portable solar charger provided by Mountain Equipment Coop PLUS one 2 night camping package at Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park including 4 tickets for tours of historical rock art and their LEED (R) certified visitor centre
- Four draw prizes provided by Mountain Equipment Coop which include cycling gloves, thermos water bottles or coffee mug.
The prizes will be awarded by a panel of independent judges. The winning Sustainability Short will be featured on the Office of Sustainability website and subject to scheduling and acceptance from ACCESS TV, it may also be aired on television.
Need more info?
Visit Office of Sustainability for more information.