TD Go Green Challenge
Have a great, green idea on how to reduce Canada’s ecological footprint?
Submit your team’s proposal online by January 15, 2010, for a chance to win 1 of 4 prizes of $25,000
11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday, January 15, 2010.
The Team may submit one (1) essay only to the Competition, of up to a maximum of 4,000 words, plus supporting documents (photographs, charts, original website links, etc.) for a maximum total entry size of 20 pages, by email attachment using either Microsoft Word 2000 (or later) or Adobe .pdf (version 2002 or later) to moc.dt|drawadt#moc.dt|drawadt. The subject of the essay must be a big Idea/Proposal for changes that could be made in a Canadian community to reduce ecological footprints.
- The submission must:
- Be an original idea;
- Be realistic and viable but can be a forward–looking idea;
- Describe what structures/mechanisms must be instituted to support the submission’s ideas. For example, what changes would be required in regulations, governance structures, technical standards and/or technology?; and,
- meet the selection criteria found at www.tdfef.com/gogreen.
- Integrate elements of environmentally-based community design, which may include, but are not limited to:
- transportation/transit issues, energy efficiency, water conservation, ecosystem management, air quality, and development planning, etc.
The idea which forms the basis of the submission and/or the actual submission itself, shall not have been previously submitted, in whole or in part, to any predecessor competition held by TD.
Who can I have on my team?
“Faculty Sponsor”: A Faculty Sponsor is a member of an approved Canadian University or College Faculty.
“Team” : A Team consists of a) two (2) or more students, who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of the same approved Canadian University or College, on a full-time or part-time basis; and b) at least one (1) Faculty Sponsor from the Team’s University or College.
Looking for more information?
The Energy Club is part of the TD Motivational Team at the U of A campus
Contact April at ac.atreblau|okyoba#ac.atreblau|okyoba if you would like more information